Monday, January 7, 2013

The disabled system is illogical and I just may have to fight to make it logical. My van is a 2000 and my equipment (hand controls, steering nob, zero- effort power steering, etc) is now obsolete. When a person gets a van they must agree to routine maintenance. The manufacturer will not let me get my van checked unless I agree to all new equipment. However, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation that pays for the equipment and installation will not pay for this until 2014. They just told me not to get the maintenance again (totally irresponsible) and if a piece of equipment quits they'll pay for it to be installed in the 2000 van. Then in 2014, when the rules allow, I will have to get this new piece of equipment re-installed into my new van. WHAT? This agency which has no money is going to pay twice for the same piece of equipment? It's more likely that they just don't want to have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment