Thursday, March 15, 2012

My advocacy project is likely to happen even though it is without agency support. Originally it was supposed to be part of a grant through the Pennsylvania Developmental Disability Planning Council. I wrote to a number of agencies requesting that they work with me and in retun they would receive the money.

The deadline came and went and there were no takers. However, that did not mean the project would die. I made some changes and decided to do it myself eventually I'd find people with disabilities who may be willing to join me. I just wrote a letter to Senator Brubaker requesting that I develop the project through his office. That would lend a major amount of credibility to the project and to myself. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment