Monday, May 27, 2013

I have been super busy fighting OVR with both barrels, the director just won't give up. First she tried to forbid me to schedule and pay for my own evaluation now she's requesting that I give her carte blanch into my personal background (social secrity numbers, bank account, etc)! She lost round 1 since I proved that a consumer can do an evaluation, it saves them money and I don't have to deal with OVR so they should be fine with that. Now I was told I must sign a release of information form. She decided that if I can afford to pay for the evaluation $100+ I should be able to pay for the purchase and installation of the hand controls $70,000. I wanted to prove my advocacy skills to help people with disabilities and now I'm given the opportunity to do just that- I am the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment