Monday, August 27, 2012

Rather than trying and trying to create a new disability program in order to make some money I will consider a different angle. Why should I re-create the wheel? I should just grow what I already know and am good at. I have been working with a girl who has autism for weeks now. I decided to try loom loopers with her in order to get her interested in a specail "talent." It's worked wonders. Everything about what we do while making the potholders is therapeutic. The therapeutic skills include these components: Concentration, differentiating colors, counting, following directions, improving speech, learning patterns and learning patience, comprehension, confidence self-esteem. Many partents don't have the time or energy to discover "Specialness" in their kids who have special needs, I do. The "Working on Wheels" program will also become more frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment