Sunday, August 21, 2011

I've been in Lancaster for 6 weeks. I'm meant to be here...in Mount Joy I mean. It's far away from the main town but I discovered the Janus School. I finally inquired and it's a K-12 school for kids with learning disabilities! Wow if I could work for them I'd be thrilled. I'm going to have an informational interview soon and get my resume on file. I'll volunteer for awhile and get another job. Hopefully my name will come up for something within the year that I'm here. If only I called sooner, school begins soon but that may be a good thing. I'm also looking into IU 13 which has a transition program and Friendship Community which has direct care openings and an enclave program.

I now have other options besides the Disabilty Empowerment Center, just in case or maybe rather than. I've done more for other populations (MR, MH, LD) than physical so maybe that is best. It's never a bad idea to have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment